Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ODNR, DOW Deer Summits - January 24th

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Seth Rankin looked Mike Tonkovich in the eye too. The only thing that altered was Seths career. Some of us.have been on this bus ride a lot longer than others, and the ride is getting mundane.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So reading this article it seems like old Tonk knows their are alot of crossbow hunters today and one way to get them to keep quiet about the low deer numbers is to threaten to shorten the crossbow season.

So if he did that then wouldn't he be screwing all the long bow and compound hunters?

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Tonk does what he wants Chad so i assume he would just make a separate crossbow season and shorten it or keep it with the others but cut it much shorter.
But give handicap hunters the same season as compound and longbows.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
What's the history on Tonk? Was he in PA.? Does he have some sort of responsibility for there lows? I have heard mention of this. I really just don't know..

Lol. Do a little research on this guy. A big can of worms gets opened up every time someone asks this question. Not trying to be an A hole.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I dont think he has ever worked in PA. He has been the deer project manager in OH since 1996. I have no idea what he did before that.