Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Know Something Tonight......

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
DSCN0964.jpg.......DSCN0982.jpg

Sorry fellas. Had a long evening (you all know the drill) then run Josh home about 30 minutes away. I never dreamed a grown man would get this excited and be so grateful for everything you do to help him. Josh is like a kid at Christmas right now.
He got in the stand at 4:00 to shave off some of the time in a cold stand with no heater. 4:10 had 3 doe eating and for the next 20 minutes had deer in and out of the corn pile. Seen movement from the left and it was a buck with both horns. He waited just like I said for deer to get his head behind the tree, held until he came on out, waited for the perfect broad-side shot with right leg forwards and put one right through the heart. (hard to move when buck is only 12 yds and your 15' up. Deer only went 20 yards and crashed. Braydon and I had 3 doe and a buck in front of us when I got a message that said "Buck Down ~~ 7 pt!" Our buck went after the biggest doe, so we slipped out and try again tonight. Braydon is extra proud of his Dad right now!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
that is awesome! Smiles when I read the thread title. More smiles when I saw Bigslam Chad's post. More smiles when i saw the pics. Congrats to you all!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great night for you all no doubt! Congrats again to Josh on taking his first buck and most importantly making a great shot! Awesome job!