Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow#2

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpg. Here it is at glue up.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn you boys are doing some cool shit right there. I wish someday I can have a woodshop with those kinds of capabilities. Building some self-bows sounds like a lot of fun.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Damn you boys are doing some cool shit right there. I wish someday I can have a woodshop with those kinds of capabilities. Building some self-bows sounds like a lot of fun.
these are fiberglass but self bows can be done with similar equipment and a a few improved hand tools.
Like any tool it's all about setting them up properly and being sure they are setups square and true. Simple shop tools is all you need to do this. Having super cool tools is fun.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpghere are some pics of gregs riser.. I had dad duties today and the snow yesterday kept me busy. This is it in its rough and rude shape.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpg. Here is a picture of gregs riser. Has has the rough edges all off and now he is final shaping. . We are waiting on an order for limbs to be made

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpg. This is spalted mAple and I needed to treat it with a treat it with a resin product to help strengthen it. I also have a could stiffener strips to put in here when they come in with our order. The resin darkens the wood nicely so it will just need to cure before I go on to the next step.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Spalted maple is a beautiful wood. Nice looking bows.

Yeah I'm really pleased with it I just hope it holds together. It has some great colors. The resin helps with the weights also. The osage bow I didn't get any Pics of but Greg helped me add some accent strips of walnut to it. I'm using Argentinian osage on it. I wil get pics next week when it comes out of the oven