Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader question.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1419462607160.jpg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The 240 are xpts and the shot good also out of my 45.

The 240 grain is actually an XTP Magnum. The XTPs are 250 grain. The difference is a thicker jacket for higher velocities. I have contemplated going to the 240 grain XTP mags over the 250 grain XTPs I am currently shooting because at close range I have had a couple of jacket separations. Didn't cause any loss of venison as the shot placement was good but still worrisome.

I shoot the 250 grains in a sabot from Modern Muzzleloading products over Triple seven. I will change to blackhorn 209 once I am done with my current jug of Triple7.

Modern Muzzleloading products allows you to buy bulk sabots and also customize how tight or loose the bore/sabot fit is.

Okay. Sighted the new gun and sight in today. Tried Powerbelt 295 HP CopperClad, 250 grain TC Shockwave and Hornady SST/ML 300 grain. All the bullets pretty much maintained the same accuracy at 50-100 yds. But the Hornady SST's took the cake past 100 yds. About a 4" group at 200 yds. bench rested of course and that's with only cleaning the bore every three shots or so. Slight right drift at 200 yds but, we were also shooting a .22 and .308 at 200 yds and all the shooters' shots were slightly right. We have a nice little breeze going left to right so I'm sure that's part of the culprit. I'm pretty impressed. Def. confident enough to take a shot at 150-200 yds. come muzzy season. Hoping that these three tags left in my pocket will be used come the beginning of January! Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! Hopefully you'll get some IKS threads come jan!

Yep. What he said. Lol. CVA Optima V2 w/ Nikon Inline 3-9/40 BDC. Shooting 300 grain Hornady SST/ML with 100 grain of IMR White Hot pellets. The real eye opener was the drift at 200 yards. Almost 9" with just 11 mph wind! So taking that shot would be very dependent on weather conditions. But with the Nikon Spot On application, it was almost perfect. Def. great scope and technology Nikon has.