Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Winchester Xpert Suprise

rsmith

Okay, so I was sitting here wondering what the inside of the Xpert 3inch 1 1/8oz #2 looks like. TOO my surprise they actually looked pretty good. Nice round pellets, a couple were dented but overall it looked pretty nice ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418744546.691954.jpg

Thank I decided to open up a 3inch #3 1 1/4oz black cloud shell to see what they looked like. They actually are really nice and neat looking. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418744667.485571.jpg

Just thought I would share my findings

rsmith

What's the price difference?

I paid $22 for the black clouds and $13 for the Xperts. $9 a box difference is a lot especially on a full time student part time worker budget like myself. One quick question open to any, do you think that a 1 1/4oz load of the #2 Xperts will pattern any different than the 1 1/8oz load? I want something that will hit a little harder at 30, or would sticking with the 1 1/8 oz be good for out to 45 yards?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I paid $22 for the black clouds and $13 for the Xperts. $9 a box difference is a lot especially on a full time student part time worker budget like myself. One quick question open to any, do you think that a 1 1/4oz load of the #2 Xperts will pattern any different than the 1 1/8oz load? I want something that will hit a little harder at 30, or would sticking with the 1 1/8 oz be good for out to 45 yards?

The bad thing is you don't know until you shoot them. I have shot five different types and ended up with Kents and HeviSteel as my choice. Black cloud did very well also.

But $13 a box compared to $22 I'll shoot the $13 rounds.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would think two different loads would always pattern differently.

It appears you do get what you pay for in quality. Huh. Who knew?

rsmith

The bad thing is you don't know until you shoot them. I have shot five different types and ended up with Kents and HeviSteel as my choice. Black cloud did very well also.

But $13 a box compared to $22 I'll shoot the $13 rounds.

It is a little expensive trying to figure out what shells work best for your set up but I've realized it is well worth it to know your gun is patterned good than to just shoot shells hoping they shoot good out of your set up.

I like the map of Africa lol

Haha I didn't have anything to pour the pellets out onto besides the table so I grabbed some old geography papers to lay down so the clean up was easier

rsmith

Okay, so I was looking for a good geese load since I will be going on my first geese hunt January 3rd, I picked up some 12g 3inch 1 3/8 BB Winchester Blind Side. Decided to cut one open to I spec it. For any of you who were curious as to what they look like they are all relatively the same, a few a little rounder than others but over nice squares. The diamond cut wad is also unique and I will post soon my findings on patterning it through my Winchester SXP 12g with a 28inch barrel and the Browning Invector plus choke tubes.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418914383.549526.jpg

Yes it's on more geography paper TOO haha

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
My advice , just buy Kent 1's or BB or Hevi Metal BB. Saving money is great but when your having to shoot more to kill your limit or SWAT cripples with follow up shots are ya really saving money . Plus , some days you only have one or 2 shot opportunity. I wanna make sure and kill what I shoot.

rsmith

My advice , just buy Kent 1's or BB or Hevi Metal BB. Saving money is great but when your having to shoot more to kill your limit or SWAT cripples with follow up shots are ya really saving money . Plus , some days you only have one or 2 shot opportunity. I wanna make sure and kill what I shoot.

That is a very good point. Thank you very much for the suggestion I will see if I can get a box of either of them and see how they pattern out of my set up

rsmith

Well, got out this morning and patterned with the blind sides and man they put a nice pattern with my full choke at 40 yards, was blasting clays with them as well