Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tonkovich will be speaking live Thursday

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ditto! Brock you said it perfectly!

Double ditto!!!

Look to all the DOW supporters and Tonk himself! Cameras,scat,sign and sightings from the road in ALLmy travels DON'T LIE!!!! Forget about deer harvest numbers!!!!! I rarely see deer while driving anymore! My 3 well placed cameras over crossings,funnels and various feeding areas(no corn piles) produce a small fraction of I used to get these days!!! Cameras DON'T LIE!!!!!
Areas along the interstates and black tops where grain fields and thickets once gave me many sightings over the years have been barren of deer the last 3-4 years!!! I can't even remember the last time I've see a deer on my 3 hour one way trip to see my family over the last several years! Last year and this year I've yet to see a deer along the roadway during the rut chasing,being chased or doing anything! Nothing, nada zilch!!!...,,,and my head is on a swivel!!!

I'm tired of hearing all the reasons why Tonk and others have suggested as to why our harvest numbers are down but its as plain as this, in many areas they just aren't there! Some areas have adequate numbers like around the larger cities in our state but the areas where liberal tags were handed out year after year has taken its toll!!!

If you gig all your frogs in your pond leaving nothing for future trips you'll be hard pressed to fill your sack the next year! You have snakes,turtles and bass that will get their share as well! This is very similar to what our deer situation is IMO!

It will take some time for our deer to rebound but if our DOW doesn't help us they may never rebound! Rant over....