Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For what it's worth...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I stopped to talk to a local deer processor. The ODNR biologists were just there aging deer. He said that they told him the doe tags will be cut again next year.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good news to hear, Sam. Thanks for passing it along, I hope there is some truth to it.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I imagine they will disable their social media here soon. Make sure your focusing your efforts on the deer management team and not other aspects of DNR that have nothing to do with deer

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
OMG! I had to go check out their FB page. I can't help but laugh, clap, jump up and down, and giggle like a school girl...and clap again! I am SO FREAKING HAPPY to see all the negativity towards the DOW right now! For a long, long time, Joe and I were seemingly the only people seeing what was going on. Apparently, not the case any more! I had doubts that the population would ever get low enough for people in higher density counties to notice, particularly those that do not spend an excessive amount of time obsessing over deer. It appears even folks that do not spend a great deal of time in the woods, ....or reading, have taken notice and are not happy. This is exactly what it will take for the DOW to alter their plan, or at least for hunters to stop killing every deer they see. Perhaps the term "game hog" will even come back into use when warranted! Maybe, just maybe, some foolish types will figure out you DO NOT improve deer hunting by killing every baby-making doe in the woods!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
OMG! I had to go check out their FB page. I can't help but laugh, clap, jump up and down, and giggle like a school girl...and clap again! I am SO FREAKING HAPPY to see all the negativity towards the DOW right now! For a long, long time, Joe and I were seemingly the only people seeing what was going on. Apparently, not the case any more! I had doubts that the population would ever get low enough for people in higher density counties to notice, particularly those that do not spend an excessive amount of time obsessing over deer. It appears even folks that do not spend a great deal of time in the woods, ....or reading, have taken notice and are not happy. This is exactly what it will take for the DOW to alter their plan, or at least for hunters to stop killing every deer they see. Perhaps the term "game hog" will even come back into use when warranted! Maybe, just maybe, some foolish types will figure out you DO NOT improve deer hunting by killing every baby-making doe in the woods!

Like.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow I just read through a bunch of the comments and it's awesome! Although I doubt they care or will listen..........

I am afraid you are correct. Page is simply there to let people rant. Doubt anyone is reading it but other hunters.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio

Ya know, I've been beating that drum too Brock. ;)

blemas

Summit County
In the age of social media, this is exactly what is needed to raise awareness. The key is to keep the momentum going. How many of those voices will still be there once the memory of their failed gun season efforts fades away? The voices of the dedicated need to stay loud and strong.

teej89

NE PA
Ah man it's still going on too. I love the Ralph jefferey guy comparing the kills from this year to 20yrs ago and saying we have a good herd because our kills have gone up substantially since 1994. However he neglected the difference in the number of deer each hunter could take back then compared to now. Kaiser called him out on it tho lol