Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackson County Area ?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Read it all first .. before you judge ..
I'm not judging at all, he just had his schoolyard saying wrong, that all.

And I already threw in my $.02, so I'm done. The only thing I have to add since I posted is I'm jealous you have 700 acres to share with five other people. I've never had that much to share with so few! Be thankful for what you do have, I would love to find that kind of acreage with low hunting pressure.

dthbyhoyt

N.Carolina
I'm not judging at all, he just had his schoolyard saying wrong, that all.

And I already threw in my $.02, so I'm done. The only thing I have to add since I posted is I'm jealous you have 700 acres to share with five other people. I've never had that much to share with so few! Be thankful for what you do have, I would love to find that kind of acreage with low hunting pressure.

I am very thankful to get to hunt their property , I just was wanting to try a different area of Ohio .. No intentions of stepping on any toes or lease land out from under anybody ..One reason , I don't hunt their land a lot , is one of the owners has 2 boys that love to hunt and I don't want to take from them boys ..both of them boys have taken some nice bucks of that land too ..

My apologoies to you Fluteman , I mistakenly copied your previous post by accident ..

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You want to lease to exclude others, just not that landowner's boys...gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Why don't you contact one of the timber companies. They will lease to you, and since the great southern stupidity of leasing has caught on with them, it's the only way to access their formerly open lands. There, that's the closest thing to a helpful hint you can expect. You're welcome, and again, feel free to post where it is and when you will be there...

dthbyhoyt

N.Carolina
You want to lease to exclude others, just not that landowner's boys...gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Why don't you contact one of the timber companies. They will lease to you, and since the great southern stupidity of leasing has caught on with them, it's the only way to access their formerly open lands. There, that's the closest thing to a helpful hint you can expect. You're welcome, and again, feel free to post where it is and when you will be there...

What ? I have no problem sharing a lease with folks in Ohio , heck , they would get to hunt it way more than me , bacause I will only hunt maybe 10 days a year there

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
What ? I have no problem sharing a lease with folks in Ohio , heck , they would get to hunt it way more than me , bacause I will only hunt maybe 10 days a year there

That right there is why I have an issue with leasing. You lease the property for the entire season to only hunt 10 days of it. That screws the other people that have hunted that property for as long as they can remember all because somebody has some cash and wants to hunt 10 days of the season. Just makes no sense to me at all. So 5 of those 10 days your looking around the property for trespassers and stands that shouldn't be there. In all honesty, if you want to hunt different parts of the state and only spend 10 days a season doing it then spend it with a state park or a hotel and hunt public. During bow season there is plenty of open ground on public that is pressured less then private acreage that I hunt. I will also tell you that people get a little mad when land is leased and people have been kicked out that have hunted a property for generations. Just ask Dave at SOO. I have better things to spend my 4-5k on and spend that much or more on repairs to my truck. It's just not worth the headache if you ask me.

Kaiser878

ohio
I just want to know why the original poster won't reply to any of my posts. I'm starting to develop a complex

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just really wanted to try a different part of the state ..
If that is all you really wanted, how did we get to this level of tension?

I remember congratulating you on new truck/retirement gift to yourself as well as a new camper to take hunting. We were all playing nice together in the sandbox. Your approach here on leasing got defensive quick. We truly don't hate out of state hunters here. Some of the guys putting their 2 cents in ARE out of state guys.

Can we just back up a bit and remember why we all log onto TOO? Virtual campfire. Most of these guys would do about anything for their friends. Unfortunately, you learned a bit more about TOO. Piss on a TOO brothers parade and they come at you like a hornets nest.

I type this simply to show you the big picture. Some of the guys smacking your balls haven't been members here much over a year. Maybe less. They get it. They realize this place is a wealth of knowledge and accepting of most. Sometimes we all type something out that doesn't flow to the keyboard like it was in our head. When this happens we need to swallow our pride and move on. Not, return blows. Hopefully you realize what it was you were asking as you told us how much land you already have lined up. Sounds pretty greedy to me. Typed out and hearing multiple view points, I am guessing you realize how good you have it already. . . Unless you were just BSing us because your pride was hurt. Matters not to me. Just summarizing how we got to where we are and wondering if you wanted to play nice or scrap it out.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
That right there is why I have an issue with leasing. You lease the property for the entire season to only hunt 10 days of it. That screws the other people that have hunted that property for as long as they can remember all because somebody has some cash and wants to hunt 10 days of the season. Just makes no sense to me at all. So 5 of those 10 days your looking around the property for trespassers and stands that shouldn't be there. In all honesty, if you want to hunt different parts of the state and only spend 10 days a season doing it then spend it with a state park or a hotel and hunt public. During bow season there is plenty of open ground on public that is pressured less then private acreage that I hunt. I will also tell you that people get a little mad when land is leased and people have been kicked out that have hunted a property for generations. Just ask Dave at SOO. I have better things to spend my 4-5k on and spend that much or more on repairs to my truck. It's just not worth the headache if you ask me.

This is one of the main reasons my buddy and I will never lease land in Ohio. It's a lot of money to only hunt 10-14 days. Plus, when we're not there who knows what's happening on the land. I'm not a big fan of leasing but if I ever had to do it so I had a place to hunt I would definitely want to go in on one with some locals so I knew the land would be used all season.

dthbyhoyt

N.Carolina
If that is all you really wanted, how did we get to this level of tension?

I remember congratulating you on new truck/retirement gift to yourself as well as a new camper to take hunting. We were all playing nice together in the sandbox. Your approach here on leasing got defensive quick. We truly don't hate out of state hunters here. Some of the guys putting their 2 cents in ARE out of state guys.

Can we just back up a bit and remember why we all log onto TOO? Virtual campfire. Most of these guys would do about anything for their friends. Unfortunately, you learned a bit more about TOO. Piss on a TOO brothers parade and they come at you like a hornets nest.

I type this simply to show you the big picture. Some of the guys smacking your balls haven't been members here much over a year. Maybe less. They get it. They realize this place is a wealth of knowledge and accepting of most. Sometimes we all type something out that doesn't flow to the keyboard like it was in our head. When this happens we need to swallow our pride and move on. Not, return blows. Hopefully you realize what it was you were asking as you told us how much land you already have lined up. Sounds pretty greedy to me. Typed out and hearing multiple view points, I am guessing you realize how good you have it already. . . Unless you were just BSing us because your pride was hurt. Matters not to me. Just summarizing how we got to where we are and wondering if you wanted to play nice or scrap it out.

I totally agree with you , I didn't mean to offend anybody on here by asking the OP . Sitting back , I can see where it would suck to live there and not be able to find good land to hunt due to leasing and commericial hunting outfitters . And yes , I do have it good as far as the land in Cambridge goes and the public land in Delaware isn't bad either ..The buck I posted is the best one yet from public land and this is best from Cambridge land .
I as many others do , I get defensive when I feel like I am getting rubbed wrong or misunderstood , So I do a apologize .. Have a great day and a good rest of the season ..

reo

N.E. Ohio
Non resident guide or outfitter is my guess. Cambridge land owner does not want
his land pimped and Delaware area (public or otherwise) is getting tapped out and
new land is needed.