Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heart shot and survived.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Amazingly tough animals. Coyotes are the only other animal I have hunted which are as tough.

Kaiser878

ohio
Deer are unbelievably tough animals. My buddies dad shot this deer tuesday of gun season.... while gutting it I got a surprise. We later found out one of the locals across the road wounded him with a bow 3 weeks earlier.

Here's the kicker. This is a 9 inch chunk of arrow with a muzzy mx3... it was it his left lung. The lung was actually moosh and mostly fibrous tissue. It was basicly gone.... the deer didn't have a single mark on his body either where the arrow went in.

So does this count as a fixed blade malfunction?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418072516751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418072516751.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 50

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They are resilient. It's amazing what they can take and just go on sometimes. Personally, I've made shots on deer and thought there was no way they would go far, only to lose them. Then again, others sometimes hit them in the strangest of places and they don't go 100 yds. :)

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep Brock I hit a limb one time and my arrow went in a bucks back leg and he just stood there.
When he went to walk he bucked a couple times a fell over dead.The arrow was still in him the fletching out one leg and broadhead the other.when we flipped hm over the bradhead had went right through his testicals.That explains why he didn't move.lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So Brian. . . You are basically saying he died because HE WANTED TO DIE! Can't blame him I guess. I am pretty attached to my testicles as well. Haha!

Artery hit I presume.