Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How to deal with dogs?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You can try calling the dog warden and if the dogs are for sure running deer you could also call the Wildlife officer. Harassment of wildlife can get you some pretty good fines. If neither of those options get the problem solved then the 3 S rule would come into play.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Haven't ran into that so it's hard to say what I'd do. If I was on the ground and it barked aggressively I believe I would shoot it. In a tree, I'm not sure. At the very least I'd talk to the landowner the first time and call the dog warden the second time. If there was a third time I would almost definitely shoot it.

Sucks though that's for sure. Sorry you have to deal with that.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
A load of bird shot in the ass at 50 yards worked for me once. If you have told the owners then you have warned them . Or call the dog warden and tell them that are aggressive they would come out pretty fast I would think.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Didn't someone once mention a corn cob dipped in turpentine rubbed on a dogs ass will keep them away? Lol.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
My dad got pinned in the tree by two puts the other night on his property. They were growling and bump ng up at him in the tree. The lady came out and he said you have 20 seconds to get these dogs or there dead. She got them I told dad what the hell would of happened if one of us was walking back there without a gun and they jumped.there fence. I have no problems with pits but these dogs are ass holes. He said hell I must be getting soft because a few years ago i would have shot them right in front of her.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I scare too easy to let them walk. Call 911 and shoot them.

086]My dad got pinned in the tree by two puts the other night on his property. They were growling and bump ng up at him in the tree. The lady came out and he said you have 20 seconds to get these dogs or there dead. She got them I told dad what the hell would of happened if one of us was walking back there without a gun and they jumped.there fence. I have no problems with pits but these dogs are ass holes. He said hell I must be getting soft because a few years ago i would have shot them right in front of her.[/QUOTE]

Gordo

Athens County
I usually get down from my tree to sniff some ass and roll around with them. Ha

The dog would have to be a.) foaming at the mouth for me to kill it or b.) be a nuisance to the property owner to the point they wanted it wacked(attacking their animals,etc.).

Talking to the landowner has cleared up the problem in the past. Usually they know the dog and the owner. Scaring the piss out of dogs with a firearm has worked also.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What happened to your dad is a good bit different. Couple of pits menacing and threatening me would make me fear for my life. Don't get me wrong, I don't think pits are a bad breed. I do think some pit owners make them a bad breed. I have seen many pits which were pets and some of the biggest babies ever.