Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 rifle buck Kill PA at 344 yards! On film!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well Phil he did say he loves this forum cause we say what we mean.Hell no need for him to run away so quick we all might get crap sometime on here but its never personal.
He ask our opinion and sure must not have liked it as some of us didn't even get a chance to watch or comment.

Very true. If I need kicked in the teeth, I know you guys would do it to me. Not saying he needed kicked. Just saying. We all need it at some point. Hopefully he comes back to join us. If not? Well, there are no other Ohio forums. None that are worth a shit anyway.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The OP did say there was a final blow to finish the job. Never know for sure since it's been pulled.
But hell if he does leave and I hope he doesn't most of us would have left already if we didn't like a comment about what we posted. Just saying.

My old saying is don't ask a question if you don't know the answer and don't want the truth.

I watched the video twice prior to it being pulled. Maybe I'm dyslectic
but the deers ass was towards the camera, not his head.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Yea the hunter ran about 100yds to an opening in the brush and shot the deer at "344yds" across a big field and the buck was facing the others way with his ass towards the cam. The shot was made and the deer wobbles off. Doesn't show the tracking or the 2nd shot.

ridgerunner1234

Not going anywhere..The video actually did have the second shot dropping the deer but the video will remain private only because i didnt think it would pull negative comments and i wanted the experience with my brother to remain a posative one (hind sight is always 20 20). I have other videos in previous posts... One one public ground in ohio this year! And a couple from wyoming! I have multiple other videos on my YouTube channel as well. Good luck the rest of the season fellas!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I watched the video twice prior to it being pulled. Maybe I'm dyslectic
but the deers ass was towards the camera, not his head.

Watched it on my phone. Could tell it wasn't broad side. Wasn't sure exactly how it was facing. Was going off another person's post on direction deer was facing.

Strother- I remember seeing/hearing a follow up shot. What it appeared on my phone, he hit the deer with both shots from this distance AFTER running to an opening. That in itself tells me the guy is either really lucky or has done his due diligence in practicing. That is a long shot. I admit it is beyond my range of confidence. 300meter open sights used to be no problem with the M16. Now? Would need a good rest, and be able to knock the rust off my skills prior to taking a shot that distance on a live animal. Just me.

Not going anywhere..The video actually did have the second shot dropping the deer but the video will remain private only because i didnt think it would pull negative comments and i wanted the experience with my brother to remain a posative one (hind sight is always 20 20). I have other videos in previous posts... One one public ground in ohio this year! And a couple from wyoming! I have multiple other videos on my YouTube channel as well. Good luck the rest of the season fellas!

You never answered my post

ridgerunner1234

Pa bandit....The buck was shot between Kittanning and templeton....all I know about shelocta is that it's over by keystone which is a great lake for tiger musky!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Congrats on enjoying the outdoors with your brother! Not something I get to do since my bro prefers xbox lol. As others said not a shot I'm gonna take but I'm sure your brother knows what he is doing with him being a guide in some open country so congrats again on a successful hunt!

Pa bandit....The buck was shot between Kittanning and templeton....all I know about shelocta is that it's over by keystone which is a great lake for tiger musky!

Oh ok I have never really hunted down that way....Yeah I actually grew up about 5 minutes from elderton which is on 422 going to the Keystone Dam. Spent much of my life fishing keystone it use to be great large mouth fishing too. I always like hearing about deer shot in my home base congrats on the success. Are there any good public land access areas out that way?