Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need climber advice

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I co worker of my dad has a climber for sale. Said its a Summit Viper SS. Suppose to be 3yr old. He is asking 100$ but I can get it for 75$ if I want. He said he paid 260$ for it. Is this a good deal? Good Climber? I have never owned a climber but sometimes climbers can have their advantages.
This is the pic I was sent. I havnt seen it in person yet
image.jpg

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
I would say that 100 is a good deal and 75.00 is a no brainer. Those are good stands, looks like you may want to upgrade the seat and replace cable wrap as a general maint. thing. I own 4 climbing stands and always looking for more. I do not have a viper but I hunt mainly out of a goliath that I picked up off Craigslist over the summer for 40.00. You will be happy with the ease of climbing and comfort.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
How big are you? I'm 6'2" and 225 and I like my Titan better than my Viper. It's a bit more roomy for bigger guys.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Well just picked up the climber. Seemed to be in nice condition and got it for 75$. I plan on replacing the seat with a hazemore. Also it didn't have backpack straps with it. What are some suggestions for comfortable straps?