Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Do you see any similarities

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
So I received a trail can pic of a buck yesterday. This picture was taken across the street from a property that I have hunted for almost 10 years. I have also harvested my biggest buck from this farm. The more I looked at it the more I wondered and want to here from some of you guys.

Do you guys think he could be the offspring of the deer I shot?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417568955754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417568955754.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 61

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He is a slammer! Shoot him now so you can put the mounts next to each other. We can discuss it then.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Not totally sure about offspring Steve. Both racks are different in most characteristics. I look at the brow tines and compare their shape, length and how far from the base each are. They look completely different in my opinion. Both bucks do have mass, tine length and main beams. Genetics are very good in both deer regardless if their related.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
DAm. How can you sleep at night knowing there is another trophy just across the street!
I don't know if its the same but you are certainly in the right neighborhood!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Steve, that's a mongsta you killed! What'd he score? I agree that they don't share the same genes but both have great genetics! Good luck buddy!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Thanks for the honest responses fellas. I wasn't really sure and don't study racks as closely as some of you guys do and wanted your opinions.

Ric, sadly I am unsure of his official score. When I green scored him the night I got him he was right at 180. I did take him to the deer and turkey expo and got him scored. Took him down late on Friday, so he didn't get scored on till Saturday. When I got down there Sunday to pick him up the guy that scored him had already left. So I never got to talk with the scorer. If I recall he netted 168 and some change. He is a 12 pointer but as main frame 10.