Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Now that's a black bear

Kaiser878

ohio
I personally think they are easier to sneak on. The two bears i have snuck up on in my life I was able to get inside 35 yards

Kaiser878

ohio
Here's one of em in Montana

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417304318273.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417304318273.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 82
I personally think they are easier to sneak on. The two bears i have snuck up on in my life I was able to get inside 35 yards

I agree hunting them with dogs and bait is illegal in washington. My buddy and i have had a number of very close encounters. But there was always something wrong that made a shot with a bow questionable or a no go. We could have killed a number of bears with a slug gun or a big bore brush rifle. Who ever is hunting with a bow gets backed up by the spotter holding a 45/70 guide gun. Nothing like having a 300 plus bear ready to shake hands with you in a brush pile.

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
Its actually not a fair trade if u compare apples to apples. I'm probably gonna have to give him 2 years worth of hunts. Maybe 3. His hunys are $5500 and these are probably the most sought after black bears in the country die to sheer size and numbers. Like I said, Jim Shockey just purchased a farm 12 miles from cullys lodge. So ill let you make ur own mons up. Ha

Kaiser878

ohio
I mean I'm sure u could get a good guide cheaper. But Cully guarantees his hunts. He guarantees u will have a shot opportunity at a bear 300lbs or larger. His numbers speak for themselves. Cully is a hell of a guide. And arguably IMO has one of if not the best black bear guide services in the country.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Kaiser,
If/When I drop some money on something like that I want to have the best experience possible. Hunting is never a sure thing but I want someone who is going to bust their butt to help me acheive what it is that I'm paying them for. I'd want someone like that.