Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to the Area

bunnfisher65

Hey everyone I am on here just hoping to get some help hopefully. I have spent my whole life living in Iowa and started bow hunting there 6 years ago.

I am now relocating to Buffalo, NY and I am looking at all of my options to hopefully hunt big bucks and it seems like driving the 4 or 5 hrs to Ohio and hunting public is my best option. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out on finding a list of the public land and possibly even give me some hints on what properties might be better then others. I am looking at NE Ohio but would be willing to travel a bit further if it meant better hunting. I know basically nothing about hunting Ohio and I don't know what regions are better then others so any help is very appreciated.

Thank you,

Sean

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First things first: Welcome to TOO.

Read through the forum and you will find a good bit of info on public land to include a thread section with maps. Doesn't cover all public ground available. It is a starting point for you. Otherwise, the ODNR website has a pretty good bit of information on the public lands. Good luck. Wish I were more help but I am on the west side of the state.