Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lease problems-over hunting

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Them boys didn't like my plan, All 3 of them bailed on both leases. We added a buddy who has been wanting on for awhile and agrees with our plan. So 2 less has got to help.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good to hear and good luck. Be sure to update us a year from now on the results.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Guess time will tell. If you value the friendship, I would shoot straight with him right now. Friends or not, these are the rules. Make it clear the reason you lost the other three guys and he got the opportunity. You sound like a good guy. I know what happens to good guys. They get walked on until they break. Once they break, it isn't pretty. No sense in that. Enjoy your leases MB. Best of luck!

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Thanks guys, were gonna talk to him today. at least we have known him for some time. He is younger then the rest of us. He has hunted on our lease before. And he knows how to hunt. So hopefully it works out. I have faith that it will. Or he will be gone.

Start thinking of all the shit that drove you crazy about the other guys, develop a list of rules from that and move forward. Like others have said once the new guy knows what got the others kicked off and why he will be in a better situation with you. Be clear on who he can/can not bring to hunt as well. Some get it in their heads that because they are on the lease it means they can bring a buddy or two. If it's a kid or a wife, then maybe that would be your exception. One thing you should also consider including is that this is a year by year deal with him and if at any point you feel the third hunter is not working out then you may opt to not re-up for the next year. That way he understands that nothing is a guarantee which will help him follow the rules easier as well as soften the blow if you decide to opt out one year.