Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dirty Little Doe Call

doublej

Was surprise to find zilch when I did a search to see if there were any discussion on here about this call. So figured I'd just ask if anyone has used it?
It took the forum I'm on from my home state (Louisiana) by storm about two years ago and many swear by it. Guys have had crazy success with it, which is a big deal because for the most part calling doesn't work too great down there. There's claims of a deer busting a hunter, and then coming back to the call and giving a shot opportunity. I've even heard of a buck being shot poorly and the call bringing him back in for a finishing shot! My buddy has killed 4 beautiful 8 pts. in the last 2 years blind calling with it in the rut.

I got one as a gift and hadn't worked for me likely because where I was using it the buck to doe ratio isn't ideal..actually spooked a deer I tried calling in. So I'm not really on the bandwagon, not yet at least. Was hoping to use it up here but misplaced it and finally found it today! It's not a bleat it's a "bellow". It's made very well and has a control valve you turn as you blow it.
Was just wondering if maybe anyone here uses it and had any success? Seems like someone up here got to be familiar with it as it's made in Michigan and that's way closer to ya'll haha

If you want to see what I'm talking about:
www.kennedygamecalls.com

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Cant find much for reviews on it. Looks like it's used more for pre rut hunting. At $40 I'll have to think real hard about how much I want to try one before next november.

doublej

Haha not my claims, claims of others and yea I am skeptical of them also...my claim is it hadn't worked at all. I just thought I may be able to find other people who have info on if it worked or not for them.
Yea that price is pretty high for a call, I wouldn't have bought it but someone gave me mine.
I think it's a little late but going to give mine a shot this evening and see...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Now the butt out tool works just fine. My problem I can never find it when doing a deer field dress.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Me personally, it's the deer stand rear view mirror..... Under the tree stand umbrella...... For those hard too see areas.....