Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I believe I just might know......

Diablo54

Outside
He said " the buck was now at the corner and could either go up the hill right under me or on the edge of it at 20 yards. He decided to take the trail right under me. I had him broadside right under me but told myself to wait for the quartering away shot. So at 5 yards i pulled back and released and it looked like liver. But he went 60 yards and I think I saw him fall over!

Diablo54

Outside
So we got to the treestand which is on a fence line between a pasture field and some brushy woods and he asked me to go on the hill and just watch the fields Incase he ran out of the brush. I agreed and went to the knoll where I could see. It wasn't 5 minutes and my phone rang. " he dead" dad says. I got over there as quick as possible and gave dad a hug. We admired him for a few minutes and got to work

Diablo54

Outside
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416363520.894422.jpg

Diablo54

Outside
He hit both lungs and the heart. The buck made it maybe 50 yards. It is one of the biggest bodied bucks I believe I've ever seen. He used a wensel woodsman 3 blade head.

Diablo54

Outside
Just yesterday I was talking to him and asked him if he was getting worried about not killing a buck yet. His simple response. "No. I've killed a lot of buck around thanksgiving like this one and that one and this one" as he pointed at different deer on the wall. A neat thing about this buck is he killed it with the black widow that I used to use when I started recurve hunting. Now we have both killed nice bucks with this bow. It is only 44# but has proven yet again that 44# can be deadly. As I had pass thrus on deer with it. And the buck he killed tonight passed through and hit him in the leg after breaking through the chest cavity and left a nasty hole in his leg as well.

Diablo54

Outside
My dad is a lurker on here but does not post. He reads all of your guys stuff and cheers you all on. He is honestly the best hunter that I know. It is his attention to detail that amazes me, the things he remembers and notices impress me. He doesn't cut corners when it comes to deer hunting and knows more about it than I believe I ever will, He has taught me more about deer and hunting than I would have figured out in 20 years of bowhunting alone guaranteed. Some things he made me learn the hard way to make sure they were set in stone in my head :) but those lessons I will not forget and that is guaranteed. The spot that he was in tonight I will admit I questioned him in my head as we hung it 3 years ago. He claimed big deer would be killed out of that tree but I just didn't get why at the time. It makes sense now and he has proven it to me that it is the spot 2 years In a row. I would be willing to bet he has spent 60 hours easy in a treestand the last 2 weeks and has had some close encounters with good bucks including passing up a 125 10 pt at 10 yards on Saturday. but it is not easy getting them into recurve range. I'm happy as can be for him and can officially say that I've had a successful season after seeing him kill a buck and putting Kayla on her recurve buck. He wanted me to be sure to tell you all thank you for the kind words and good luck with the rest of your season. And sense I know you will be reading this, congratulations again on a beautiful buck you definitely deserve it and thank you for waiting on me to get there, love ya dad.

Diablo54

Outside
Oh and btw notice his jacket. They are asbell wool jackets. Any of you looking for a new outer layer jacket these are the best things ever.