Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I believe I just might know......

Diablo54

Outside
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416360723.101997.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome accomplishment on a cold ass day like today especially with trad equipment! Congrats to your dad and its so cool you were able to be there for the entire recovery and dragging process! AWESOME STUFF GUYS!!!

Looking forward to this hunting story!

Diablo54

Outside
We left work a little early today and on my way home I texted dad and asked if he was hunting. He said he was, and that he was in the Ivy stand. We had a few more texts back and forth and all of the sudden one of his texts say "got one". I had to think about it for a second and decided to just respond with "what?" He said "9 or 10 point. Think I watched it fall." I asked him to wait on me and as soon as I pulled in the driveway he came right out. So off we went.

Diablo54

Outside
Here is what he told me. " I was sitting there texting you and looked over and saw antlers. It looked like a bedded buck. He was eating honey suckle at about 50 yards. I was just about to text you and tell you I had one bedded at 50 yds when he took a step and I realized he was on his feet and that I needed to get ready. He had a face ask on and said as it was coming in he was freaking out about the face mask but decided to just go with it rather than take a chance of being busted.