Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Black Widow Season

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I'm real glad it all paid off for you Brian. One look at your shooting area and I knew you practice seriously. Your hard work and determination has set quite an example to others. Congrats on making a dream season reality....You truly earned it!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks everyone.I will say those of you that want to give the trad thing a try just practice every chance you get and mix it up.I found I did my best shooting out of a treestand shooting at leaves and clumps of grass.
You will eventually figure out what your killing range is after you shoot a few thousand arrows.lol
Also you really have to go in with the mindset that you might have to let a big buck walk if he is not in your comfort zone.So on that note if you have not shot some descent bucks over the years it might not be for you.But it sure is a hell of alot of fun.It just made me want to shoot any chance I got.
I have found my comfort zone to be 25 yds but still prefer 15 to 20 even better.I also set up my stands just a little lower than before anywhere from 15 to 20 feet.
Good luck to any of you who give it a try you wont regret it once you get that first kill.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What a great read Brian!!! This is quite the accomplishment! We've got some great trad guys on this site and along with their advice and your dedication you put a stud of an 8 point on the ground!

Congratulations buddy!!! Awesome season for you!!!