Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Migration 2014

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Based on what I saw this weekend I believe we definitely have a huge batch of new birds in the Lake Erie Marsh Zone. Muddy Creek Bay and some of the adjacent marshes were absolutely filthy with ducks on Saturday. Clouds of birds that were simply immeasurable in size. With the overnight temps in the teens this week I don't think the areas of flooded corn are going to have level of attraction that they normally do. If that's the case, the birds should be moving up-country to hit the recently harvested corn fields south of the LEMZ very soon. I love hunting the marshes, but I'll take a field hunt over a water hunt any day of the week. So far, I like how things are shaping up.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Ain't shit round here for ducks right now. Hopefully that changes by the weekend . Plenty of geese around .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Low of 10 tonight and 13 tomorrow night.. Should lock some things up pretty tight. Might even put a glaze across Muddy Creek Bay before the end of the week. I say bring on the ice. It usually helps deter the weekend warriors so spots are way less crowded.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
All the marshes are back open but I'm afraid the damage has been done. There are still ducks around but the vast majority have moved on. The signs are all there. I'm seeing Tundra and Trumpeter swans all over the place and even watched a flock of 30 snow geese fly over this afternoon. We usually don't see that kind of activity until end of December or early January. I sure hope some more birds are still hanging out north of us...