Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Great 8

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks everyone!!!

To answer Taylor's question, I'll make room to hang more if I'm lucky enough for more opportunities and am able still getting out after em'!

Jesse, I still can't get over the fact he was prolly just 4.5 years old at the most and he grew over 30" from last year to this past season! Can't wrap my head around that and had he made it what kinda jump would he have made to next year and if he'd still be an 8 point.....my guess on that would be, yes!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just realized that whoever mounted that, did it in 2 MONTHS! Wow….and it looks great!

He actually did it in 21 days! I shot him on Nov.5th and dropped him off on the 6th and picked him up on the 27th of November. My bro killed his on the 4th(the day before me) and dropped it off the day I killed mine and being the nice brother that I am I picked his up too!
Derrys turnover is great every year as is his craft! Nothing leaves his shop during the process and he's got 3 helpers who are all top notch in their certain crafts.
This year was particularly slow but every year I usually get my mount back inside of a month or a few day later.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks everyone!!!

To answer Taylor's question, I'll make room to hang more if I'm lucky enough for more opportunities and am able still getting out after em'!

Jesse, I still can't get over the fact he was prolly just 4.5 years old at the most and he grew over 30" from last year to this past season! Can't wrap my head around that and had he made it what kinda jump would he have made to next year and if he'd still be an 8 point.....my guess on that would be, yes!
Deuce went from 145 as a 3.5 to 180+ as a 4.5 year old. IMO, that jumps represents the biggest jump a buck will see in most instances. It's when you separate the average from the extraordinary.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
What an incredible season Bro! Who woulda ever thought that you would even match or top last season. The great 8 is truly a magnificent animal and he couldn't have been taken out of this world by a better person. You deserve all the blessings thrown your way buddy. I guess what impresses me more than anything, it's your ability to tell your story and put it into words so we can relive it with you. Plus the fact that your ate up as a lot of us are TOO! Congrats Bro!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Deuce went from 145 as a 3.5 to 180+ as a 4.5 year old. IMO, that jumps represents the biggest jump a buck will see in most instances. It's when you separate the average from the extraordinary.

I remember that buddy! He was unreal and that's an even bigger jump than my deer!

Did you have any pics of Moe prior to the last year you had him on camera? Can't remember? Wondered how much he jumped TOO!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have been blessed to see a jump like this once in my life. I watched one go from low to mid 130's last year up 30" this year. As far as I know he made it. It would take a stroke of luck, good fortune, and possibly even some divine intervention to tag him next year. You did awesome Ric!