Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

For the love of the rut!

rutcrazed

Butler Co.
Thanks everyone! This year as usual was highs and lows. Every year I take the first 2 weeks of November off and I live in the woods. The first couple days were uneventful zero deer sightings but I did hear a buck grunting and chasing. On the third day I had the deer I ended up taking at 37 yards I was at full draw waiting for him to take a few steps more and he decided to turn around and leave. I have a friend that hunts probably a mile from me and an hour half later he seen that deer. Just goes to show you what deer can do. Finally came to the weekend where I went to Ky for their gun opener with the family. I seen 3 bucks that morning including a deer that was very tempting. My father ended up taking that deer couple hours later ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416059232.330452.jpg which was an awesome experience! The next encounter I would have was with my other target a 150" ten at 3:00 in the afternoon he came through at 45 yards with some place to be! Right before dark he came back through at 35 yards I was full draw and only a split second from squeezing the release when he starts to walk and I have no shot! The next day zero deer:/ the next day I overslept so I told the guy I was hunting with lets go to my tree with the double set. As we were walking in we spooked a couple deer they took off blowing. As it was breaking daylight I hear walking and in comes a small buck only to get to the tree spook blow and run off. At this point I figured that was just the topper on an already messed up morning. At 9:15 I hear a noise look back and hear comes the deer I had my first encounter with and he's on a mission! I grab my bow clip my release and stop him at 27 yards for the shot. He ended up going around 250 yards and crashing in a corn field. This deer was taken in Prebble county.