Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I doe Sumthin...

angelzd28

I shot her yesterday after seeing about 20 different deer, 5 different little bucks. I think I may have found this vaunted rut everyone is looking for, Haha. She was just hanging around way TOO long for my liking. I shot her and she went about 40yds and laid down behind me. I hadnt even sat down and I look up and here comes a doe followed by a nice 135-140 ish buck. They got to about 40 yds and she bolted and he followed. Then he stopped broadside at what I thought was 40yds. I let one fly and it went right under him, of course he just walked off like nothing had happened. I got my range finder out and of course he was at 50yds:smiley_boos:

So all in all not a bad day, glad i missd him completely and didnt just wound him.

20141111_094814-1.jpg20141111_104531-1.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
congrats bud!

just fyi in Ohio its illegal to shoot another deer before tagging the first one......might not want that on the interweb!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks for the heads up. Was unawares of that rule.

(F) Tagging and game checking:

(1) It shall be unlawful to hunt or take a subsequent deer before a game tag has been attached to the previous deer taken that day and the date, time and county of kill are written in the spaces provided on the corresponding deer permit or antlerless permit for the deer that was taken.

All other OAC deer regs can be found here

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501:31-15-11

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks for the heads up. Was unawares of that rule.

yes sir! Most states dont have that rule! Ohio does, many folks dont know it. Wanted to just give you a quick heads up! Not trying to take away from your thread!

Great doe kill!

angelzd28

No prob. The funny thing is, with all my deer kills I can honestly say I have bever been in that situation. Every deer ive ever shot, I get out of my stand/blind and either track or recover my deer. Its always good to learn something new! Thanks again

at1010

*Supporting Member*
No prob. The funny thing is, with all my deer kills I can honestly say I have bever been in that situation. Every deer ive ever shot, I get out of my stand/blind and either track or recover my deer. Its always good to learn something new! Thanks again

hahah ya my luck istn that good either! hahaha I have had times to shoot multiple does in a night but never felt the need to do that. Low density areas, I hunt.