Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaiser's trapping attempts 2014

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
OK. I've caught a few XXXL's and they are only going for $8-10. That's a bunch of BS. I wonder what the price will be next year.

Likely shit as there will be tons of unsold fur that goes up for lot sale in the spring. It'll create a surplus and buyers will stock up on the cheap.

Ricer2231

NAFA had 90% clearance on there coon hides at the last auction and that's about all that's keeping my hopes up about coon prices. Like was said before though, it's not all about the money it's about getting out there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here are the results from the central main trapper associations December auction.

Species…….Average…….Quantity
Beaver……..$13.90……….79
Bobcat……..$90.00………..1
Coyote……..$22.00……….42
Ermine……..$ 2.75……….10
Female fisher.$50.00……….13
​Male Fisher…$42.00………. 7
Gray fox……$25.00………. 2
Marten……..$22.00……….32
Mink (M&F)….$10.75………138
Muskrat…….$ 4.92……..1007
Otter………$52.00……….21
Raccoon…….$ 7.00……….39
Red Fox…….$29.75……….37
Beaver castor.$31.50/lb…….13-3/4 lbs

Kaiser878

ohio
Waiting on dog warden. Caught one of the two neighborhood deer chasers. Its a pit/chow cross with cropped ears.... I said fuxk it. The guys been told before. I'm done dealing with it. Its time for him to pay a fine.

On the bright side. That Bridger 1.65 did a phenomenal job of holding that dog. Had a good high catch and it worked flawlessley

Kaiser878

ohio
Oh this was a grand morning......

2 hours later the dog warden shows up. I was nice enough to remove the dog from the trap.

Then she proceeds to tell me I shouldn't be trapping..... I lit her ass up like you wouldn't believe.

First off. Don't come to MY house and start with your anti shit.... I made it very clear that she was aware of who pays her wages. Then I told her she would never get a call from me to come get a dog again.... when she asked why..... I said just use your imagination.

Then I told her I would be contacting her boss Belle Everette, the county commissioner.

Man was I hot

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I would have lit her ass up as well. It's not her place to tell you not to trap. As long as your doing it legal and following the season the DOW put in place she should have kept her trap shut lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I would have told her to get fugged too. And I don't think I would have give the dog the dog the chance. And that right there is why.

I'm also sure she took the dog home and never said a word to the owner. Last freebie if it was me. Next time it will not pass go and will not collect $200 lol. SSS baby.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Oh this was a grand morning......

2 hours later the dog warden shows up. I was nice enough to remove the dog from the trap.

Then she proceeds to tell me I shouldn't be trapping..... I lit her ass up like you wouldn't believe.

First off. Don't come to MY house and start with your anti shit.... I made it very clear that she was aware of who pays her wages. Then I told her she would never get a call from me to come get a dog again.... when she asked why..... I said just use your imagination.

Then I told her I would be contacting her boss Belle Everette, the county commissioner.

Man was I hot

Just put a bullet in the next deer chasing dog and be done with it...

Kaiser878

ohio
county commissioner called me back...real cool lady.... man was she pissed...... conversation went real well....... it will be handled tomorrow........ she said she will call me back and let me know how it went....

Kaiser878

ohio
Looking forward any the weather its looking pretty damn good for the beaver opener. I'm vetting excited. Looking forward to snapping a few of those big bastards. I have two spots I'm going to set first. Then I'll move to the river. Looking forward to it. Plus I'll start trapping yotes. Seems they are gonna be the only thing worth some money now.

Kaiser878

ohio
The only traps I have out are two DPS .and 3 fox sets on the same property. Its all o can run before work with the baby. That makes 17 coon off that property.