Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaiser's trapping attempts 2014

Kaiser878

ohio
Well today proved to be a good day for me on the line. Yesterday I was hindered on what sets I could out in since I had baby girl with me.... but me made it work.
uploadfromtaptalk1415747287432.jpg

I got some pocket sets put in a little later on once momma woke up. And I was only able to get 2 coyote sets out.... I figured I'd wait till after this rain tonight.

Either way here is my catch from the first night. I ended up with 10 coon today.... but I let 2 small ones go...
uploadfromtaptalk1415747451396.jpg

My rat spots aren't looking very good. Bit I did manage 5 in one little crick. I set a new none today also.
uploadfromtaptalk1415747500945.jpg

Overall I am very pleased with today

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Seems like a great start too he season Zach..... Love the little lady goin with you.... That's awesome....

Kaiser878

ohio
Well today was decent. Not as good. Had a lot of misses on pocket sets. And I lost a coyote. He actually broke the j hook that connects the trap chain to the ground anchor. Never ever thought that could happen. Frustrating to say the least. Either way I got 6 coon n 2 rats.

And of all things to catch in a colony trap. 2 bill heads. Haha
uploadfromtaptalk1415807716463.jpg
I did catch another Grinner to

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Dam Zach that's a lot of Coon so far. I have far too many coon and I may have to thin them out some. Corn thieves

Kaiser878

ohio
Good job Zach. I find the trapping threads very interesting. Just curious, how long of a trap line do you run? You must have a bunch of coon in your area.

um its not terribly long. maybe 50 traps total. but connibears add up fast....

I only brought home 2 coon today.... but I caught 6........... 4 were just tiny...so I let them go

and I caught another damn cat today

Kaiser878

ohio
Im catching them in dog proofs and pocket sets. '

I only had one coon and 1rat today..... last nights temp of 19 didn't help. just checked to cameras I have corn in front of and there were no coon there last night....which I didn't figure there would be..... they are holed up I figure