Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well, dont think anyone else has said it......

Gordo

Athens County
But Good God, TOO is on a killing spree. Ive stopped trying to keep up. Congrats to All!

Its a beautiful thing and is all a part of the big picture in regards to this forum.

Whopper after Whopper hitting the ground. Unreal......

Everybody TCB(takin care of dat business). Ha.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes Sir! And there is more to come just you wait and see! Great Job Everyone.
And if anyone is getting even a little discouraged....My season changed in less than a minute! Yours can TOO!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yes Sir! And there is more to come just you wait and see! Great Job Everyone.
And if anyone is getting even a little discouraged....My season changed in less than a minute! Yours can TOO!

Not that I dropped a wall hanger but mine did the same.... Oh the highs and lows of chasing deer lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I started to download pics a while ago assuming you want me to do the video again.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not that I dropped a wall hanger but mine did the same.... Oh the highs and lows of chasing deer lol

x3 and Fullbore said the same thing happened to him if I am not mistaken. Many of the bucks I have read about seem to have come from nowhere. My buck was the only deer I saw that day.

My theory: More big bucks harvested this year due to lack of does. The big boys have been forced to get up and find the does. It is a blessing and a curse. I hypothesize 2-3yrs of serious buck killing. Once the lack of does catches up to us, the big bucks won't be replentished as quickly and the big buck killing years will taper off as well. Then we won't see any does nor as many good bucks hitting the ground. This year is going to be a year the ODNR says 'told ya we knew what we were doing, look at all the big boys you are killing.' In a couple years we will hear more complaints from hunters but it will be too late. Then it will be a 5-10yr recovery period IF they back off on harvest numbers. Just my theory.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
x3 and Fullbore said the same thing happened to him if I am not mistaken. Many of the bucks I have read about seem to have come from nowhere. My buck was the only deer I saw that day.

My theory: More big bucks harvested this year due to lack of does. The big boys have been forced to get up and find the does. It is a blessing and a curse. I hypothesize 2-3yrs of serious buck killing. Once the lack of does catches up to us, the big bucks won't be replentished as quickly and the big buck killing years will taper off as well. Then we won't see any does nor as many good bucks hitting the ground. This year is going to be a year the ODNR says 'told ya we knew what we were doing, look at all the big boys you are killing.' In a couple years we will hear more complaints from hunters but it will be too late. Then it will be a 5-10yr recovery period IF they back off on harvest numbers. Just my theory.
Spot on Phil spot on
Couldn't agree anymore.