Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 2014 buck story...

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
What a fantastic read!!!! Congratulations on closing the last chapter in this epic story you had with this deer! Awesome stuff Seth! Thanks for sharing!!!

What spread did you give him on his sheds and what was his inside spread when you harvested him? Just curious how much he grew in that category.

I gave him a 16" spread on the sheds, he was only 15" this year so I was a little off.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Dude that's some world-class stuff right there.

We all get kinda used to seeing many many pictures of 150-160-170 class bucks and become so innoculated to the wonder of it that it almost seems routine.
There's nothing routine about that 140" buck right there - and the history of pictures/sheds/etc with that guy? Having the full package like that is pretty special. I hunt weekends and if I ever shoot a deer of that caliber it will NOT be because I had pics and studied him and had a history - it'll simply be because I put myself in the right place at the right time. A "full package" deal like that is really something special.

AND...your dad was involved. Extra cool points.

Congrats on a very, very special experience.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Awesome all the way around. The way you find the sheds of these bucks and then kill them is even more special than just killing one that walks by. Plus having the trail camera pics to boot is really cool. You are doing very well, congratulations!