Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tag mistake

Lundy

The warden already knows it was an honest mistake, has to based upon what you posted. You wouldn't have tagged it at all or would have "Brocked" it if you were trying to illegally tag the deer.

I'm sorry you made the mistake that will most likely cost you some dollars but I am glad to see evidence of the automated checking system working in one way it was supposed to work. Under the old system this would have never have been caught, it would have just been an entry in some deer check in log book at a mom and pop store somewhere.

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
see, that is the problem with this site having so many law-abiding, honest folks... Crap advice here.

First, tell the dude you were hunting in one of the counties that does allow the cheap doe tag. Explain there must have been an error when you entered the county. If it was late in the evening when you checked it in, all the better, you were tired.

Second, delete this thread. No evidence needed.

Third, anytime you need legal/lying advice, do not come here for it. These poor fools will just roll over and pay a fine. Talk to the trashy folks that can be found most anywhere these days, or at the very least, someone like me that gets to hear their bs stories with regularity. It's amazing what you can get away with if you are just a no-good lying vermin. Why pay a fine when you can lie your way out?

Glad i could help.

:)

best post ever!!!

Mushijobah

Just remember, it's a criminal offense. A M3 or M4 I believe. Not something I'd want on my record. Might even have to show up to court. I wouldn't take it lightly like some are suggesting!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just remember, it's a criminal offense. A M3 or M4 I believe. Not something I'd want on my record. Might even have to show up to court. I wouldn't take it lightly like some are suggesting!

An M4 is as bad as running a stop sign. Don't get this guy all worked up like he just committed felony murder. This shit was bound too happen with these regs they got. Pay the fine, admit you were wrong, and move on. If you get a lawyer, you might be able to get it dropped.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not worth the trouble of getting a lawyer.... I got cited back in 1989 for having my shotgun loaded too early in a deer stand and paid my fine thru the mail and never looked back.... Nothing ever became of it and I have a security clearance..... Made it thru a background check and it was never even brought up.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
An M4 is as bad as running a stop sign. Don't get this guy all worked up like he just committed felony murder. This shit was bound too happen with these regs they got. Pay the fine, admit you were wrong, and move on. If you get a lawyer, you might be able to get it dropped.
No kidding.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
M4 and would be the same as a speeding ticket. It will come off your hunting record in 3 years so you need to triple check everything and make damn sure your following the rules until it comes off. Wouldn't bother with a lawyer either. The judge will say the law is the law and you broke it and here is your fine and now added court cost. Just pay the fine and be done with it.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I would just pay the fine and learn from it. Or go South to Mexico and hide out till this whole thing blows over in ten years or so...:smiley_chinrub:

Nah. Just pay the fine.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
See, that is the problem with this site having so many law-abiding, honest folks... crap advice here.

First, tell the dude you were hunting in one of the counties that DOES allow the cheap doe tag. Explain there must have been an error when you entered the county. If it was late in the evening when you checked it in, all the better, you were tired.

Second, delete this thread. No evidence needed.

Third, anytime you need legal/lying advice, do not come here for it. These poor fools will just roll over and pay a fine. Talk to the trashy folks that can be found most anywhere these days, or at the very least, someone like me that gets to hear their BS stories with regularity. It's amazing what you can get away with if you are just a no-good lying vermin. Why pay a fine when you can lie your way out?

Glad I could help.

:)
lmao

I missed this some how. Hilarious. And just about how the non-PC, not on the forum, alter ego of bowhunter1023 just might handle it! HAHA.

Mushijobah

Speeding ticket is a minor misdemeanor, but hey who's counting! Some people need to worry about convictions and tickets for employment reasons. Some people do not. It's something that does not "disappear" from your record. You would have to have it expunged (if the judge agrees). If it were me, like I qualified earlier, I'd be worried/pissed/hiring an attorney.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Speeding ticket is a minor misdemeanor, but hey who's counting! Some people need to worry about convictions and tickets for employment reasons. Some people do not. It's something that does not "disappear" from your record. You would have to have it expunged (if the judge agrees). If it were me, like I qualified earlier, I'd be worried/pissed/hiring an attorney.

I got one in KY years ago. Was fishing at a park in Elizabethtown. They had a dock and everything. The park ranger came by and asked for my permit. I gave him my state fishing license. Apparently you needed a park permit too. Stupid hand written piece of paper that costs 5 bucks. Some shit that individual city park made up. Got a ticket for "entering without permission to hunt, fish, trap." Basically trespassing.

I had a security clearance and a year later got a federal job even after it showed up on the background check, got a consulting job with Dell doing federal and state work, and a job for a national power company and nobody cared. Nobody even really asked what it was.

He's not going to beat the ticket and there isn't a thing a lawyer can do except maybe have it sealed. It's open and shut. If he was really worried about it he could get it expunged later for a ton cheaper than a lawyer would charge.

jbhunter

Well I spoke with the game warden today and thankfully he granted me mercy. Apparently I'm not even close to the first person this year to make the mistake. I was educated on the matter and given a copy of the regulations. Everyone please beware of this change every year. It sounds like next year will have even more.

Mushijobah

I'm surprised as DNR tends to be pretty hardcore. Glad they were merciful though for a small, honest mistake like that! Happy hunting.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
JB congrats on getting a officer who had some common sense.... Happy too see you owned up too it and took responsibility for it as well.... Speaks volumes of your character.....