Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

huh...I'll be damned...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
He's my first archery buck. I shot him from the ground in my ghillie suit at 12 yards. He didn't make it far and died within site in the field. He's got a goofy rack and you may remember this trail can pic.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415408655292.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415408655292.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 62

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
He broke a tine on his good side. I'm happy and thankful for a super clean kill and harvest.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415408795863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415408795863.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 62

teej89

NE PA
Congrats man! And that's awesome killing him from the ground with your ghillie. I bet that was exciting!

He looks half sitka lol congrats again!

dangerousoldman

I love hunting on the ground in my ghillie suit with my face all blacked out and a ball cap with a ghillie head cover over it. Deer look right at you but dont recognize you as a person. I wear a very leafy pants and jacket, black my face especially around my eyes and all of my nose and then go over my cheeks and lips and chin. It works great! Had a doe at about 6 yards looking at me and then went on feeding, had an 8 point walk up to within 5 yards of me then spooked when I turned to take his pic and the Wed killed a pretty nice 11 point from the ground (BBD Nov 4th). congrats man. i know the feeling well. It is even more intense than seeing one whilel I am in a climber or a ladder stand. Nice Deer.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Heart-felt congratulations, Mike! You've had a rough season this year and personally, I find it very satisfying to see you pressed on and got it done! Great job!