Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ykw....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats again Joe. That's a nice buck man. That bladed main beam is awesome.

You sure your not confused about body size of that buck because it's not a BB lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Congrats again Joe. That's a nice buck man. That bladed main beam is awesome.

You sure your not confused about body size of that buck because it's not a BB lmao

I just went out and measured his chest. 48.5 Inches. Using the chart that J posted the other day his live weight should be between 350 -360

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415461415.018915.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Damn, That's a hog. How the hell did you get that sucker in the truck? I guess it's not just the coon that are fat down there lmao

Pulled the back wheels in a ditch so the tailgate was closer to the ground. Even then i almost threw my back out dragging him in . At one point I slipped and fell on my ass and put his neck in a leg lock so he didn't slide back out while I rested. Lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Pulled the back wheels in a ditch so the tailgate was closer to the ground. Even then i almost threw my back out dragging him in . At one point I slipped and fell on my ass and put his neck in a leg lock so he didn't slide back out while I rested. Lol.

Your in better shape then I am then lol. I would have been on the phone calling and waiting for help lol. There is no way in hell I would try loading that SOB by myself lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Arm pits not widest part of the chest. Maybe that was the difference?

Yeah. I did it at the sternum. The scale was accurate though as I hung on it to make sure. Here is another pic of him in the truck next to a 150 quart cooler. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415489616.676227.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
262lbs dressed? He was over 300lbs on the hoof then I would guess. Darn close to it anyway. Boss Hoss of a buck. Congrats Joe.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
262lbs dressed? He was over 300lbs on the hoof then I would guess. Darn close to it anyway. Boss Hoss of a buck. Congrats Joe.

Yeah he was a huge buck, but keep in mind how much they lose during rut as well..... Wonder what he would of been in mid October????

Kaiser878

ohio
congrats joe..... he would probably be lighter and easier to move if you would just gut him in the woods. ha