Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Yep I Know It....You don't....lol....

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Do you have any sheds or TC pics of this deer or was he a rogue buck? Congrats again buddy! Well done and now you can keep the wife happy, like me! Rotflmao!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do you have any sheds or TC pics of this deer or was he a rogue buck? Congrats again buddy! Well done and now you can keep the wife happy, like me! Rotflmao!

I believe he was a wanderer. Either this or his main turf was the woods just south or the woods SE of where I killed him. Within a mile or so. I have trail camera pics of him, but not on a consistent basis. Looking back at a video I took roughly 1.5miles south of here on a prior hunt. . . . I believe this is the second time I have seen him from the stand, but on a different property.

What do you think? Same buck from Oct 26?

[video=youtube_share;GBV-PVP4ppw]http://youtu.be/GBV-PVP4ppw[/video]

Kaiser878

ohio
Awesome story Phil..... sometimes the bad shots that require the most tracking help make the most memorable hunts...... believe me I know. I've made my fair share of bad shots and I have been the called help my fair share of times. Its hunting.... and that's why we love it.... but in still pissed I didn't get a text. Haha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awesome story Phil..... sometimes the bad shots that require the most tracking help make the most memorable hunts...... believe me I know. I've made my fair share of bad shots and I have been the called help my fair share of times. Its hunting.... and that's why we love it.... but in still pissed I didn't get a text. Haha
Fine. Be pissed. I suppose you want your class ring and letter jacket back too? Lol

Pissed as heck at myself over the shot. No excuses. No limbs in the way, harness strap messing with me. . . Nothing. I simply rushed in a panic as he was exiting the shooting lane. That said, it made for a great hunt. 3 friends helping me that night. We bumped him. Two friends helped on the recovery the next morning. Makes a guy feel really good knowing people would stay up late or wake up early to help you out. Still need to Google Earth the track job. We worked the blood trail a long dang way. Putting in the due diligence AND recovering is rewarding. No doubt about it. Feeling blessed.

Best news? I somehow missed the stomach. Outside of guts coming out the exit hole, the meat was not contaminated from what we could tell. I may hunt big antlers, but I consider myself a sportsman first. I wanted that meat. Rutted up, full of adrenaline? Probably but I don't care. Properly cared for I feel this will be some fine burger.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
More pics as requested. Had a couple buddies stop by and give me a hand taking him off gambrel and dragging him out to the picture spot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415383119902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415383119902.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415383137452.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415383137452.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415383149175.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415383149175.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 86

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No idea if it's the same deer from where I'm sitting. I gotta say though, if it is, whomever took the new pics did a great job. The deer you are holding in the pics looks a heck of a lot bigger than the one in the video!

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Phil I agree with Brock no way that's the deer from the video, unless that's last years video.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Phil I agree with Brock no way that's the deer from the video, unless that's last years video.

I thought the same. Then again, I also thought this was a mid 130" deer when looking at trail camera pictures. The video I shot was Oct26. I was zoomed in on the deer far as he was roughly 200yds away. I believe the characteristics of the rack are very similar. I blew it up on the monitor to full size and froze the frames of the video (pause mode) in several places. It appears the g2's and g3's are roughly 10" in the video which matches this deer. I couldn't tell if he had a g4 on the right side in the video but the left g4 was clearly present. I couldn't tell much about the brow tines in the video either. Just saying, it is very similar. Might not be the same deer. Doesn't really matter if it is or not. Was just curious of other opinions. I am plenty happy with the deer I have hanging in the garage. Same deer as the video or not. Video was taken 1-1.5miles away from where he was killed. In this country, that is not very far. Crops come off and deer move.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Phil a few things.

1. Congrats again buddy!
2. Are you freaking high you had to think about if thats a shooter or not?? Id killed that thing all day long!

Congrats budd!