Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

just about

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I took my boy Jace out tonight. What a great night we seen the most deer I have seen all year in one sit. We just get settled in and Jace says dad deer. I look to where he is pointing and a yearling is going across a cut corn field. It was a yearling being chased by a small buck. They disappear into a standing cornfield. So after that excitement we spotted another yearling that popped out of the cornfield so I bleated and sure enough it heads our way. It gets to the edge of the woods and I bleat gain it heard me and started down the edge of the woods. By now. my heart is pounding out of my chest IMG_20141105_170056.jpg and I don't even have the bow lol. I'm trying to get Jace situated to shoot and trying to keep him calm and I'm about to jump out my skin! He even says dad your shaking a lot. The yearling gets to 60 yards and goes in the woods and disappears like a ghost. So after I get my shit back together I look back out at the cornfield and here comes a huge doe with triplets which we have hundreds of pics of . Jace says dad here comes the three amigos and momma. They ended up going in the woods about 100 yards north of us. They disappear and here comes a different buck nose down on a rail where the big doe went. There was nothing I could do to turn him for Jace so we just watched him. Then around 5 40 a nice buck comes out of the west side of a woods we can see across the shelled corn field and we watched him feed into the standing corn and by then it was dark. We didn't get any shots but man I come unglued when I thought that yearling may give Jace his first shot at killing a deer.I was more pumped tonight then I was last Saturday when I killed my buck. He had a good time and to me that's what it is about. It was by far the best night of my season. I can't wait to get the kids out this weekend.