Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nov 4th BBD :)

dangerousoldman

nov 5 2014 valley.jpg

I've been a member of TOO for several years but typically dont post a lot. Just got back in from the woods and had to post this short story. Was sitting in a little valley on the farm I hunt watching a pinch point. got there about 2 and around 3 saw this buck cruise in the edge of the valley about 30 yards from me. He went thru some undergrowth while I was trying to size him up and then bedded down about 65 yards directly out in front of me. He was almost facing me and I was sitting against a tree with a little bit of brush behind and beside me. He laid there like he was watching me for 2 hours. I couldnt move or even raise the bow. Finally after almost two hours he stood up turned around and then laid back down. In about another half hour he got up and started up the hill away from me and then for some reason turned around and walked down across in front of me about 40 yards out. I took the shot just as he stepped down into a little depression but the hunting gods were with me as I spined him and he went straight down. pretty exciting. Nice mass I think. Neat evening int he woods.

dangerousoldman

LOL actually I dated the pic wrong. I shot him tonite and I know it is the 5th. Had to drag him uphill for about 200 yards and then about a quarter mile but it was down hill the rest of the way. Just seeing this deer tonite made my day let alone getting a opportunity to tag him. Im thinking he will measure up around 140 plus or minus maybe?