Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Two in a Know...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
ive said it 100 time but just so impressive. Straight killers on this site !

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Not sure how i missed this thread or this buck until now.....WOW!!! One hell of a deer Rick!! Congrats dude, you and Ron both deserve these magnificent animals...big ol congrats to both if ya!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks again for all the kind words. Just wanted to add a few other points about this deer. We believe he was just 4.5 years old this season and he dressed out at 185 lbs.

His back legs were very dark and reeked of urine so he was really hitting the scrapes hard prior to our encounter. I took my daughter Karissa over to where hit tore up that honeysuckle bush and it was a huge scrape. As we backtracked it from where he came from we found at least 6 more well hit scrapes less than 100 yards away.

I shared the backstraps with my buddies at deer camp and they were very tender and delicious. Those who think that a doe tastes much better than a mature buck might want to rethink that one! Lol

.......and no Jake, I wasn't wearing my Zoomies as I forgot them on my trucks dashboard right beside my acorn cruncher! Lol
I've been very busy catching up on my yards work and other stuff. I hope to get my Nov 5th evening hunt put together here pretty soon!

Good luck,be safe and enjoy your time afield.

Last edited: