Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Two in a Know...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had the pleasure of being present for the scoring of this brute. 165 7/8 net and 160 4/8 net. Truly an amazing whitetail. World class all day long.

Thanks for sharing the tale and a few cold beers with me tonight fellers. It was a blessing!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415320039085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415320039085.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 82

Kaiser878

ohio
Man is that a f-ing giant ric..... congrats again..... u sir are a legend in my eyes..... i can only hope to be as accomplished as u are some day

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That picture of your daughter Jesse is great.....

Great pictures Ric.... That first one of you looking longingly into his eyes.... They really caught that moment lol.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That picture of your daughter Jesse is great.....

That was her first exposure to a dead deer. She kept grabbing the shed and bringing it to me. She'd rub his forehead, poke his eye ball and grab the rack. She was even poking the carcass of both Newsome bucks. I got a little deer lover on my hands! She'll renew my love for hunting that's for sure.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks again everyone for the kind comments! A big thanks to my buddy Ryan for posting those pics for me! Jesse, your daughter is a real cutie! So glad you took the time to come out and visit awhile!

Just for shits and grins I measured the right side shed I found of The Great Eight back in the late winter and it measured 59.5". He put on another 16" on that side in one year bringing it up to 75". To put it into perspective on how big his overall frame is, if you would cut off his g3's he would score a tad over 150" as a 6 point! That is mind boggling!

Zach, thanks for the compliment but dude IMO, your more of an accomplished hunter at your age than me or most hunters were at that stage in our hunting careers. Your wall is unbelievable considering how many years you've been chasing mature deer!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Man.... I knew it was nice, but after seeing those pics Ryan posted... holy shit, Ric... What a deer! An 8-pointer of that caliber is TRULY a buck of a lifetime and IMO more remarkable than most 200-inchers. Dude that's just an amazing deer. I'm happy as hell for you buddy. Nicely done!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Congrats again Ric on just an outstanding buck. Truly a world class deer and it couldn't have gone to a more dedicated and deserving bow hunter. I'm super happy for you and Ron on the season you two have had. Can't wait to catch up and hear the story, hopefully over a cold one!!! Cheers buddy!!!