Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Two in a Know...

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Ric is driving to meet up with Ron but asked that I post up some of his preliminary measurements.

Beams: 28" and 29.25"
G2's: 14.5" and 13"
spread: 18.25"

He videoed the events after the shot and will fill all in on his story with more pics most likely tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Gene and Barry who? Lol. Iam sorry I ain't never been able to say that before! Lol.
Seriously. We've been absolutely blessed this year and thanks so much for your kind words and sharing in his and my success! He's driving now, so Iam speaking for him. We'd rather be lucky than good, is all I can say! Still in awe.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations to both of you! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Ric's story. He's a great story teller, especially when he is talking from cloud 9! I can't wait to read the write up on this one!!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thank you very much TOOville!!! I am very humbled by the congrats and back slapping but it all should go to this deer!!! I am just a bystander and admirer who benefited from what our maker has provided for us to chase. I found this bucks shed this past winter and had absolutely no idea he'd blow up to the proportions he did! Are you kidding me!!!! His right side sheds beam length was 23.5" and blew up to over 29"!!!!!!! His 11" g2 went all the way to 14.25"+!!!! His mass blew up as well!!!! It just goes to show how some bucks have it and some don't! I never caught this buck on camera...ever!!! But only found his one side while shed hunting! I remember saying to myself after taking the pic of his ATL pic that this buck is destined to only being an 8 point! At least this past summer that's exactly what he did, stay a perfectly clean 8....but blew up
BIGTIME!!!!
The friend that's helped me drag him out has helped me the last 4 years and I truly want to thanks Dennis for being there each and every time I called him! We both know a guy who was also hunting this deer about 1.5 miles away from where I killed him. This deer probably had several more hunters in our area wondering when and where he was going to pop up next. He covered a rather large area and I still don't know where he called home but I feel very fortunate to have been the one who was able to have the honor of putting him on the ground.
This season will go down as one of the most frustrating but rewarding seasons in my hunting career! I got skunked like 13-14 sits in a row and did not see a shooter till tonight!
As I sat there in my stand overlooking two inside corners of the same standing cornfield split by one thick and nasty finger I thought to myself even though I hadn't seen squat the past 5 hours........what better place to be than right here?!? My luck turned on a dime and my dreary day was transformed to one of the best hunting days of my life!!!!!

The seek and chase phase of the rut is a great time to be in the woods! It's my opinion that some areas are in lockdown already but if you have confidence in one stand based on its location by all means go for it!!!

Thank you again! Good luck to everyone still hunting for their buck but remember to be safe and enjoy yourself! That seems to get lost in our pursuits!

Ric aka FS