Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ajupsman's 2014 Ohio Trip

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
At least you have a cheering section on TOO. Fugg the NR. Oops, wait, that is what they say on other sites. lmao

Keep at it ajupsman. Good luck man.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Thanks for the encouragement fellas. It's too damn warm today so we took the morning off. Went to the local pub last night for some wings and beer and will probably go out for breakfast once I get my lazy ass out of bed. After that I'll probably shoot my bow, re-smoke my cold weather clothes and take care of a few things on the camper. If time permits I may do an afternoon sit but mostly I'll spend the day getting ready for tomorrow's cold front. think I just need a day or at least a half day of R&R to recharge my battery.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
With the big cold front moving in the deer will be moving big time! Even though i got the best deer of my life this year my season ended after three days and i'm jealous as hell that i'm not out there. I'll bet that in the next couple days your going to be the subject of one of these i know something threads lol. Good luck and slam one!!!

Treed

Stark County
This drop in temperature should have em up and moving for ya. I wish I could get out this afternoon, I usually see pretty good movement the evening before a front moves in like this. The next few days should be great though.

Good Luck.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Good luck tomorrow AJ! Sorry we didn't get a chance to get together while were out here. I guess Tuesday just got a little too interesting for both of us, unfortunately not in a good way! It beat me, I guess. I saw some decent deer I would have shot in a heartbeat at home, but I didn't come to Ohio to shoot a 2.5 year old. So I was at my buddies tonight and saw a slammer of an 8. Too bad he had his own agenda and didn't care about my snort wheeze used to intimidate him and see what he was made of. They still didn't have my tire tonight when I stopped in, and after tonight/today's awesome action, I think I'm going to put in a morning sit tomorrow, go get my tire changed, and then hang out for the evening. I still have the weekend off, so who cares what time I get home... Good luck buddy, hope you pull it out.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
The trip is officially over. Neither of us saw a single deer yesterday so we've decided to leave a day early. We were only going to be able to hunt this morning and with this cold we said the hell with it. lf we were seeing deer we would have gone but getting skunked in this cold is no fun. Plus we had more people in the woods around us this year than we've had in 4 years. I also had an incident with one of my treestands on Tuesday that pretty much ruined the rest of the hunt. I'll put up a seperate post some time when I get home about what happened. We'll be back next year but it won't be on public this area. 2 guys in 4 years and we got 1 BB, 1 doe and 1 125 inch 10 point. Not exactly setting any records. The only way we come back here is if we can some how find some private land to hunt. We'll spend the morning getting the camper packed up and hopefully be on the road by noon. It was still a fun trip and as always we met some more good people. That's one thing that's great out here. Everybody treats us great even though we aren't from here. Now if I can just figure out how to kill more deer here and we'll be all set.