Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting spots in Findlay

khannan

Hi everyone,

I am new to Findlay, OH and was wondering if anybody knew of any good public hunting spots in the Findlay area?

Thanks for the help!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I just read your post, and don't have the link handy...but since you know how to use the interwebz... you can go to ohiodnr.com and look for the wildlife area maps...or google it...again, sorry I don't have the link handy but that should still help you.

Also you could call the dnr officer for your county and ask about any other public hunting areas that might be out there.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Oh and welcome to this great site!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Check the DNR site, I believe Killdeer Plains is public up in that area, but I may be mistaken.

Welcome to the site, feel free to stop into the introduction thread and introduce yourself and get to know some of the folks around here.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Kill deer plains is probably your best bet for public hunting as far as being close. Like what has been stated already check the DNR web page. Kill deer is about 40 minutes south of you or so good luck and welcome.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Killdeer is over by Marion if I am not mistaken. I believe that is about the closest one for me in Lima. Could be some I am not aware of though. Welcome to the forum.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
There are a ton of smaller public parcels in the area that don't get hit very hard during bow. Just on the west side of town by Kohls distribution, take River road to the west and you'll run into a smaller public hunting area. Its loaded with deer. There is a large woods that it backs up to. It is private, but the owner lets anybody hunt it. He lives in the big farm house directly south across the field. There is a public hunting area not too far away to the north. If you take I-75 North to the Van Buren exit, take SR 613 west about 4 miles and there is a large Public acces spot there. I have killed a lot of deer there, as has nephews. Usually we gun hunt it mid week. But it is a killer spot to sit During the opening day of gun and the weekend. It holds a lot of deer and is a destination for deer escaping the local roadwarriors opening morning. Just sit up at the back on the NE corner and keep an eye out to the North. There are a ton of smaller parcels like that within a 15-20 minute ride from you. Carey wildlife area is a decent sized public hunting area about 15 minutes from you. It's just a short trip down SR 15. It straddles both sides of the highway

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Just remembered...DNR OFFICER TOLD ME TO USE THE COUNTY AUDITORS WEBSITE AND SEARCH PROPERTIES BY NAME "dept of nat resources" just about any property that comes up should be a public hunting spot