Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Things are picking up!!

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Not to much exciting happened this morning, had a little basket rack 8 walk into the food-plot but that was it as far as movement goes.
Snapchat-7095606705173621706.jpg
This evening my girlfriend and I went back to the same foodplot with Bucky Jr. Wasnt really planning on seeing much tonight since the morning was uneventful.
GOPR1519.jpg
I noticed a doe coming from behind my right shoulder and she was acting a little skiddish of the decoy, as soon as she got closer to the decoy she flintched and starting running around like crazy just like I've seen when a buck is chasing behind, sure enough a small buck appears and decides he isnt to happy about the decoy, he does a couple laps around the decoy flexing out, eventually he gives up and tends a couple scrapes and makes a new one. Two more does ended up coming into the foodplot but no shooter bucks. I still very much enjoyed this evening sit and it has me excited for whats to come of this year. Also on a side note, This is my first hunt with trying smoke on both of our clothes and every deer that passed us was 10 yards or less. Im pretty impressed!!
Snapchat-7392344623729386186.jpg

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Awesome time!!!! Hope even bigger buck comes out next. I'm so pumped for Wed eve to get here so I can get out for the next 10days hunting. Good luck.