Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

scent smoker poll

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
Ok taking a poll here for all u scent smoker owners..How many have worked night shift, got off hurried ass home and fired it up to get that perfect little flame. Got ur gear ready and clothes on as fast and quietly as possible so as not to wake the slumbering pregnant beast and two year old..then BAM...burnt the hell outta your hand...yowzaaa then tried to be a man and not wimper the rest of the way to your tree...all pain and joking aside I'm hoping for a little Halloween luck. Been 6 years since I've killed on this date..I only have about 8-10 days to get it done till the misses hatches so hoping for the best..Good luck all you bowhunters out there.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck today!!! Congrats on the up and coming birth! Hope it all goes great for you and your bride! Be safe in the tree today! They're calling for wind gusts here in the SW anyway up into the 30 MPH range!

jeremy44230

Medina County
Good luck today!

I've burnt a few small holes into some clothes and charred my truck seat.... Along with the occasional relighting surprise that shoots a dragon flame out at your hair or arms ;)!!!!

That's how I got the holes in my clothes. The truck seat was my bad...

Love that Scent Smoker! Took this pic last weekend. Little early morning smoke off!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414755091.081432.jpg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Great pic Jeremy - yeah, those who don't partake wouldn't understand....those who do, we get it...can almost smell it

Wood. I got wood. And i aint talkin chips

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wouldn't leave home without it.
Just yesterday morning a small buck came in down wind of me and I heard soft snorting and foot stomping. I turned and he was off my left shoulder 15 ft. away. Looking around and he never did figure out what I was or where I was as he never looked up. He just kept it up for 5 minutes and wandered away. He even had salvia dripping out of his mouth. Funny as hell.
Yes smoke cover scent works.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've burned a few small holes in my clothes as well but what's really funny if you stop to think about it is back in the 70's,80's and 90's and on up till 3-4 years ago if I was standing near a campfire with my hunting clothes on I did my best to stay away from the danged smoke! Now I'm hovering over it to where I'm damn near humping the stuff! Rotflmao

teej89

NE PA
Scent smoker? What's that? Felt like I read an article recently bout a guy who claims he invented it and uses pine needles.....

All jokes aside I've been there done that lol picked it up a couple weekends ago and missed the outside cage and burnt the hell outta my fingers. And like jeremy said that damn dragon flame always gets me when I try to do my hair or up my shirt lol!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've never burnt myself, but I do have the unnatural ability to realize where there is smoke, there is fire...and fire is hot. :)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Never burnt myself but I have burnt a couple spots in the sleeve of my overalls lol. If you have a smoker you will at some point hear that Woooof and that's when you know you just scorched something lol.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Don't think I've been burnt yet, but I get burnt at work so often I hardly even notice any more.

The old bee smoker I was using didn't do the dragon fire thing, so I was a bit surprised when the new one did it. I think I figured out that when the smoke starts to Peter out, it's about to belch a fire ball. Give it a shake and the smoke starts rolling again.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't been burnt yet but I don't get aggressive with the bellows either lol.... I'm with Brock on that one as well lmao.....