Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know something really nice

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Ok, here's the story. First I would like to say this is my second hunt using a smoker. I ordered it from Brock last Saturday, and it showed up Wednesday. I have this week off to hunt, getting the smoker I wanted to give it a try. So I smoked it up and went hunting. No luck not a deer. Thursday afternoon I got home from work. The weather was perfect light wind, just nice. I was going to go trick or treating with the kids, when I mentioned it would be a perfect night to hunt my kids said "go hunting mom will take us" off I went. Got out to my stand around 5:00 or so. Not much went on a couple squirrels, at 6:00 I heard somthing I just couldn't figure out what it was. I was watching and I seen a deer moving through the trees heading towards me. Figuring it was a doe until it cleared those trees, I about craped myself I just don't see deer like that 40 minutes before sunset. He came walking up the hill, I stopped him at 22 yards and let him have it. He turned and went back to where he came from. I sat there a few minutes and got down. I couldn't find my arrow,it took a few. It was covered in blood. I gave it a few more and went looking for some blood. 20 or so yards and the blood was pouring out, I followed it out to the edge of the woods. When I got there, he ran through a fresh scrape which I'm guessing is the odd noise I heard earlier. He went another 30 yards and died in a waterway. Backed the truck up didn't even have to drag him. I think the smoker had a lot to do with this he didn't come in straight down wind but close enough to make me nervous. I'm sold thanks Brock, I got in 4 hours of hunting for the year, and this a whole week off with not much to do. I guess I will have time to skin heads this year. They are starting to come in, if your not hunting by now you are missing out. Thanks for the compliments and keep posting.

Last edited:

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
image.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome too the smoke addiction lol.... Great story, thanks for sharing..... Very nice looking buck....