Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

need help fast.

Jason O

Its my first year hunting. Im hunting rite now. And holy shit i rattled a deer in to about thirteen yards. Wow what a rush but he spotted me before i could get a shot. Now what do i do. Stay put or find another spot

teej89

NE PA
Its my first year hunting. Im hunting rite now. And holy shit i rattled a deer in to about thirteen yards. Wow what a rush but he spotted me before i could get a shot. Now what do i do. Stay put or find another spot

haha yeah man just calm down. No need to relocate just hang tight and wait for the next one.

Jason O

All i know is that it had horns. I was panicked and surprised that the rattling worked to tell big he really was. But he looked rite at me. Should i find better cover

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Relax..........that's what I would do!! LOL Funny to hear of your excitement though!

x2 that's awesome! :smiley_clap:

Jason stay put! If you don't get one today you got 3 months left. If one comes back take a couple deep breaths and calm your nerves before you shoot and make sure you have a clear shot!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Relax..........that's what I would do!! LOL Funny to hear of your excitement though!

This is great to read :smiley_clap:

I would just stay put and wait about 20 minutes or so and hit the horns together again. The same buck might come back or you might get a different buck or you might get nothing. That's hunting. It can change in a blink of an eye and we have to be quick and think a few steps ahead.

rsmith

x2 that's awesome! :smiley_clap:

Jason stay put! If you don't get one today you got 3 months left. If one comes back take a couple deep breaths and calm your nerves before you shoot and make sure you have a clear shot!

^^^^
This!!
Just take a deep breath man! I rattled my first buck in lastnight an he busted me too, didn't blow out of their but just stopped his hoof twice, than turned around and circled around stiff legged. I rattled about 20 mintues later and he came flying back in again. Awesome to read the excitement though I'm pretty sure we all can relate to this feeling you're having right now. Just take a deep breath, sit down in the stand, STAY PUT, and than in about 20 mintues or so rattle again and maybe throw a couple grunts in their and see if he does the same again! Good luck!