Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

smoke works

bluedog

Wow! I am in shock over this thread. I'm used to the back and forth and anonymous internet forum name calling between posters but to attack a fellow hunter like this without him here. Wow! I'm not defending him in anyway, but there are a lot of assumptions being made. As someone who has been interviewed for newsprint articles, I am amazed at how often the finished article rarely resembles the actual interview. So how do you KNOW he didn't mention where he heard about his method of scent control? (Are you sure that he even learned about the bee smoker from Brock or could it be he heard about smoking second, third or fourth hand??) He didn't write the article, someone else did. Geez.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA. He's logged in, twice, and has not spoke up. And many of us have met him. There's no doubt he failed to mention Brock and Scent Smoker.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I guess I will expound even though it is pretty clear.

Corey aka Medicsnoke is trying to be Jimmy Big Time in the outdoor industry. Now I wish him luck on that. If I were doing it I wouldn't be shooting deer out from under my paying clients. (Not sure if any have had a successful harvest) Again I could care less but it is telling.

The outdoor industry is REALLY small. Everyone knows each other. Medic KNOWS Brock is the Scent Smoker guy. He has been around all these forums for years. Especially the strictly Ohio forums. Speaking of it like it is his idea...over the top.

Really comes off bad especially knowing the history.

He's shown more class by not saying a word than I did. Sorry I even commented. Haters gonna hate and I should have known better. Going back to happy posting in the small game section.

Bluedog there's some history behind all of this, not just something out of the blue. It's no surprise that something that was learned on forums here has been perverted into something different with no credit whatsoever given. No problem in commenting though as it does help keep us all in check with the glass house thing and humbling ourselves.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He's shown more class by not saying a word than I did. Sorry I even commented. Haters gonna hate and I should have known better. Going back to happy posting in the small game section.

There's a difference between not commenting due to class and not commenting because he doesn't have a leg to stand on. As others have stated he knew full well where he got the idea from, we've all known him long enough to say that with 100% confidence. It's called lack of integrity due to a desire for personal gain.

We too have been approached by individuals in the industry for articles etc. let me share a story with you of what integrity looks like. About 3 years ago I was approached on TOO by the Executive Producer for Duck Dynasty. They were starting their first season on A&E after moving from a hunting channel. He asked if I knew anyone interested in writing a weekly article for their website and fan page. I declined but put him in contact with Jesse as he has dabbled in the outdoor writing arena. Jesse produced his first article and handed it over to the editor for review. In the article Jesse had mentioned that he uses a homemade mineral mix that far outperforms anything he's purchased on the shelf and shared the mixture. The editor came back and said he would have to change it to say he uses "YYY" minerals. (A sponsor of theirs). Jesse refused to change it and they kept pressuring him, he told them he was done and thus ended his short outdoor writing adventure. It's called integrity, some people have it and some don't.

Another story. Two years ago a new mineral mix company contacted me about advertising on TOO. He gave me the whole line about how the deer ate these minerals like crack. Since he was the friend of a friend I entertained his offer. He sent 5-6 of us here a couple bags and we put it to the test. In return I placed a banner as of his on TOO. We tested the snot out of this stuff comparing it to jesses mix, other minerals, and plain salt. The deer hated this stuff and wouldn't touch it if something else was available. I told him about our findings and that I would be pulling his ad as it wasn't something that we could stand behind. He made two offers to pay me for advertising, both times I refused. His offer would have covered the cost of this site for six months. Do you see his as at the top of this page? No. I refused and pay the bill myself.

So before you give us a lecture on class and and being "haters" as you put it, perhaps you should know what true integrity in the outdoor industry looks like, and what Cory did is anything but.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Joe,
Reading what you just posted gave me a whole new level of respect for you guys. I've only been with this forum for about a year and half, roughly. I already love this place b/c of the honest no bullshit responses from everyone. I also wasn't aware that you had to pay to have an active forum. Im not sure what the costs are, but is there a way for myself and others to make a donation to help offset your costs?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It was in Ohio Game & Fish. Looks like I started a real chit storm by posting that article. [emoji48]

Wasn't you that caused an issue man. It's not you writing the article nor are you the one being interviewed for the article. It would have been posted sooner or later so don't take it as you starting anything.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Funny thing is I had looked this guy up a few years ago. 2011 was our first year coming to Ohio and we considered using an outfitter (we decided against it). He was one I contacted. Never heard back from him which sounds like now is a good thing.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Funny thing is I had looked this guy up a few years ago. 2011 was our first year coming to Ohio and we considered using an outfitter (we decided against it). He was one I contacted. Never heard back from him which sounds like now is a good thing.

Probably made a good choice when an outfitter doesn't return calls. Guess they don't need your money either then. If you guys ever decide to book a hunt with an outfitter in Ohio again let us know. We have one that we could recommend for you guys and will treat you right.