Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014 October 25 crossbow kill

slushdog69

Thanks everyone for the compliments don't get on here much so I'm sorry im late but about the deer there isn't a lot to tell have been watching four or five diff bucks this one I had never seen come in running full speed from my left down a path between me and the corn he passed my first shooting lane before I even seen him he got in front of me I yelled and he stopped in my other shooting lane I took a quick 12 yard shot he spun and ran out the same way he come in I seen him run about 75 yards and he dropped man it happened so fast didn't even know what I had till I pulled him out of the weeds and believe me I was smiling Pryor to that pic that was after dragging him a little ways lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is worth bringing back to the top. Dean came on here when I kept prompting him to join. He and I hunted together for roughly the last 10 years. Clearly by seeing his two posts, he never really stuck around. He was kind of a shy and quiet guy until he got to know you. Maybe a forum wasn't his thing. He went on to kill several more dandies since this one from 2014. He struggled with diabetes and it really hurt his eyesight and mobility. Made it very difficult to hunt the last few years. The last year it has been difficult for him to do much of anything but try to survive.

This morning he lost his fight and went home to be with the Lord. He was a great hunter, loved playing pool, and a big UK fan. If you knew him, you liked him. Just a good dude. Gone too soon. Rest in Peace Biggie.