Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Questions from an Ohio Hunter

Hoytman62

I have found a pretty good place to hunt. I have does and bucks both traveling two runways as they say. I can't seem to get them in closer for a bow shot. Any suggestions? As you know I'm new at this only hunting 2 years with a bow. How do you descent your bow or do you? If you spray it, it would leave white stuff all over it. Thanks for your help! Also when is the approximate time that buckets will be in Pre-Rut and Full Rut?

teej89

NE PA
Also when is the approximate time that buckets will be in Pre-Rut and Full Rut?

I hear buckets rut all year round..... lol anywho had to jump on that and get ready cuz november 1 thru thanksgiving i'm in my stand as much as humanly possible. No way to pin point the exact date as one doe may come in heat one day 3 miles down the road and the next may com ein heat on your prop 2 weeks later.

And just use a scent smoker man, it's well worth the cost.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Now until gun season you will see rutting activity. As far as getting closer, I would setup as close to the trails as you can, be quiet, still, and smoke up before you go out. That is about all you can do on your end, eventually the deer will be in the right place at the right time. Good luck out there!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Interpretation: You can remove scent from your bow, as well as the rest of your gear, clothing, and person, by using smoke, most easily dispensed by a Scentsmoker.

Deer will be out of their ever lovin' minds for the next 4 weeks.