Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opinions?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I have two Summits, the Viper and the Titan. I had a lone wolf and traded it for the Titan. I felt safer in the Summit stands.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Summits are the best climber IMO. I have 2 Summit Goliath stands. They are basically a Viper but made for bigger guys. If you are over 6' tall or over 200 lbs I'd suggest one of these.

I have a summit and an ol man like them both but I like the summit better. It is the open shot model and only weighs 14lbs.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just looked at them and will order one, thanks for the info. That's the only issue I have with my lone wolf

Good deal . Another thing that helps with comfort is getting the seat low enough . Alot of times when guys have problems with the seat biting into the backs of your thighs its cause its set a little high . Not saying thats what you've done , just something I've seen .

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
If you go with the lone wolf, get the wide seat. It gives you more room when you are wearing thicker clothes in the winter.

I like mine but wish I had the wide seat.

buckstar25

T-county
If you go with the lone wolf, get the wide seat. It gives you more room when you are wearing thicker clothes in the winter.

I like mine but wish I had the wide seat.
x100! I am lucky enough to have gotten the wide seat. If those are your choices and your asking opinions, API hands down.

Treed

Stark County
I've got a Summit Viper SD that I've done a lot of work to and is now pretty light and comfortable. If I were in the market for a new climber today, I'd buy a Treewalker without doubt. They're a little out of your price range but well worth saving some extra coin for. If you get a Summit, get a Hazmore seat for it and prepare to paint it in a year or two!