Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Can Anyone Tell me

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I see you and raise you one...

Is that her?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
your taking this into the wrong realm. We are talking about her shooting a deer and waiting till dark to retrieve it. Everyone just jumps on them like they are pieces of shit people. I guess yall care a lot less about money than me. To me if someone said I never had to work again, all I had to do was hunt, own 6000 acres in Iowa, plant foodplots, and smile and say I love x product, I would.

Id be telling folks reese cups helped me kill a freaking deer for that life style. I would also eat the deer I killed and the ones I couldnt I would donate. Of course I am sure forums would be judging me based on how much they already knew about me from the 15min clip of me shooting a deer.

Just to much negativity towards hunting, I plan to support the ones who are "famous", not go against them like the antis.

guess that makes me a fan boy.....

Money can buy a lot of things but it can't buy the most important things in life so, NO, I don't chase the money anymore. Maybe that's just my age showing.

As far as looking at them like a piece of crap? Your right, I do. Want to know why? They have hurt more then they have helped in the long run. Sure, they got that guy out of his lay-z-boy and into a tree that most likely wouldn't have on his own and probably has spent a few thousand dollars to do it. Look at the bigger picture and look at the poaching that has come from it, trespassing to get at the big bucks, the leasing that has come from it, lost traditions that has come from it and that's just off the top of my head.
If you want a job where your making the money they do and spend as much time away from that 6000 acre farm as they do then by all means follow your dream. Ask any of them if they manage their entire farm on their own because I can just about bet you they will say they have somebody else that does a lot of the managing of the home farm. They don't have the time to put into it all on their own AND chase the money. Try doing endorsements, sponsors, filming year round, traveling all over the world doing shows, or a number of other things you would HAVE to do. That's why I said it's a JOB not HUNTING. There is a reason these big named hunters have outfitters that have them on speed dial. As soon as the outfitter has a big buck patterned they call the hunter or their manager and have them fly in ASAP trying to kill this big buck on film to promote the outfitter and further promote the hunter. It's a cut throat dirty business doing what they do and I for one don't want any part of it.

I don't look at hunting negatively at all but I do however look at their JOB negatively. There is a HUGE difference in the two. Just so there is no misunderstanding here. I'm not attacking the person more the industry itself. Tiffany might be the nicest person you could ever meet. I don't know. I guess I could ask her, Lee, the camera guy, or Mr. Levox maybe.