Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

anyone ever use this

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
No, but to be honest, I'm getting away from all of these scent products. They just don't work where I hunt. I'm sticking to the scent smoker and that's it.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I plan on using the smoker for sure, just haven't heard of it. Not going to use it for a cover scent. Just spray it around my feeder and some tree limbs. Didn't know if it would help right now b/c of the acorn scent.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I don't know, I've never had any luck with any of those attractant scent sprays. I just use the smoker and evercalm.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I plan on using the smoker for sure, just haven't heard of it. Not going to use it for a cover scent. Just spray it around my feeder and some tree limbs. Didn't know if it would help right now b/c of the acorn scent.

I used to love tryign that stuff but honestly nothing works better than CORN. If you are looking to attract deer, corn/apples will draw them in.

I have rubbed apple cores on the bottoms of my boots before I have walked in......dont know if ever hurt or helped me to be honest.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I used to love tryign that stuff but honestly nothing works better than CORN. If you are looking to attract deer, corn/apples will draw them in.

I have rubbed apple cores on the bottoms of my boots before I have walked in......dont know if ever hurt or helped me to be honest.

Totally agree, if you want an attractant, stick with corn and if you apple trees, use them they are even better.

Only per say attractant I use is a apple spray or acorn spray that I use while in the tree as a cover scent. I get the gel by the gallon and dilute it down with water and spray it around my stand on the branches, bark and leaves in front of me. So if the wind catches it, hopefully it covers my scent up. Does it work, who knows, but in theory I hope.. LOL

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I already have a timer feeder with Apple corn in it. But right now with acorns being the big thing for deer, I figured this might help. Did however get some evercalm today.