Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Holy smoke!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
So after using a beehivery smoker I picked up from a beekeeping website for the last couple years, I finally got an honest to by goodness scent smoker. I am planning to hunt after work tomorrow so I broke the new smokers cherry tonight getting stuff ready. Man... that thing makes some smoke now! My old one would need to be relit a few times to get it going and would usually leave some unburnt chips in the bottom. Not this guy, lit her up and she was billowing right now! I was amazed at how much smoke I got from just a few chips too. I was done smoking what I needed for tomorrow, but it was showing no sign of slowing down so I smoked some other things as well.

Guys if you're looking at getting one and are thinking about saving a couple bucks by getting a cheaper one...dont. its worth the extra few dollars to get one that works so well.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
they are great. I have spread the word on several other sites as well. I am a firm believer in them and I love just doing it the night before I hunt, kinda ritual now I guess.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I've had both because the SS wasn't available when I ran the original over. The actual Scent Smoker does a much better job. Maybe the lid shape?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've had both because the SS wasn't available when I ran the original over. The actual Scent Smoker does a much better job. Maybe the lid shape?

Don't know what makes it different just know that the dang thing works lol.... Handful of chips and I can smoke up all my gear and couple folks gear as well.... I've had an assembly line in my driveway at times.... Lol

One of these days I'll pick up a second SS so I don't have to haul one to Ohio every time I go down. Can't think how long I've had this one, maybe 4-5 years and it still works perfectly....as long as I don't run it over with the truck that is LOL!